The Uttarakhand government has postponed the Char Dham Yatra till further orders. It has been told that this has been done following the order of the Uttarakhand High Court.
The state government has taken a U-turn regarding the Char Dham Yatra in Uttarakhand. Now the Uttarakhand government has postponed the Char Dham Yatra till further orders. It has been told that this has been done following the order of the Uttarakhand High Court. Earlier on Monday itself, the state government had issued Kovid guidelines regarding Char Dham Yatra. It was also said that the journey will start from July 1. Whereas the Uttarakhand High Court has banned the journey till July 7.
In the Kovid guidelines issued by the Uttarakhand government in the morning for the Char Dham Yatra, it was said that the first phase of the yatra would start from July 1. Then the second phase of the yatra will start from July 11. It has been further said that negative corona report will also be necessary. The state government had talked about starting the yatra with a limited number of people. But now the journey has been postponed till further orders.
Uttarakhand High Court has banned Char Dham Yatra
Earlier on Monday, the Uttarakhand High Court had heard the matter of Char Dham Yatra. Actually, the state government had talked about starting the Char Dham Yatra with a limited number of people. But the court had stayed the visit till July 7. The matter was to be heard again on that day. The High Court has asked the government to file the affidavit again on July 7. The court had also asked to do live streaming of the Char Dhams, so that devotees can visit them from home.
After the hearing of the court, Uttarakhand government spokesperson Subodh Uniyal had said that he would first read the order of the High Court, then if he feels then the Supreme Court will be approached. The doors of the four Dhams of Uttarakhand have already opened. But due to corona infection, devotees have not been allowed to visit.